Overview of Position:
Remote Site Engineer position to support existing customer's operation in the maritime industry. Configuration and Troubleshooting of satellite links and Maritime applications.
What you will do:
- Interacting with customers in the day-to-day operation
- Managing tickets and priorities.
- Responsible for all remote site work in a region (excluding Field Engineering, but does support)
- May leverage other resources from other teams, but all requests for remote site work will flow through this group (need a single point of consolidation and an understanding of workload)
- Responsible to implement Speedcast standards at remote sites
- Responsible to maintain the accuracy of documentation and ServiceNow whenever remote site work is completed
- Responsible to set alarming for remote sites in ServiceNow and update configuration records
- Must create and maintain a play-book for troubleshooting remote site issues
- Responsible to ensure employees are appropriately trained, cross trained, and covered for all remote site work including customer specific training
- Troubleshooting and rectification of Remote site issues including interference and ASI
- Ensure beams/options files are loaded on remotes as defined by the standards
What we need from you:
- Fluent communication in English
- At least 2 years of experience in satellite communications
- College diploma or higher
- Knowledge of the full package of Microsoft Office
- Satellite equipment (Modems, Amplifiers, Splitters, LNB/LNA, etc)
- Network equipment knowledge (routers, switches, etc...)
- TDMA and SCPC
- Stabilized antenna systems (Intellian, Orbit, Space Trak, etc
- Knowledge in beam changes and bandwidth upgrades/downgrades.
Even better if you have knowledge/experience in:
- Newtec Dialog Hub operation
- Xiplink knowledge
- Bonding traffic
Speedcast is a leading communications and IT services provider, delivering critical communications services to the Maritime, Energy, Mining, Media, Telecom, Cruise, NGO, Government, and Enterprise sectors. The company leverages its global network platform to provide fully connected systems that harness technologies and applications to transform what remote operations can achieve. With the world’s most comprehensive network, Speedcast enables faster, seamless pole-to-pole coverage from a global hybrid satellite, fiber, cellular, microwave, MPLS, and IP transport network with direct access to public cloud platforms. The company integrates differentiated technology offerings that provide smarter ways to communicate and distribute content, manage network and remote operations, protect and secure investments, and improve the crew and guest experience. With a passionate customer focus and a strong safety culture, Speedcast serves more than 3,200 customers in over 140 countries. Learn more at www.speedcast.com.
Speedcast has successfully completed its restructuring process and emerged from chapter 11 proceedings under the ownership of Centerbridge Partners, L.P. Following Centerbridge’s USD $500 million equity investment in the company, Speedcast now has a clean balance sheet with no secured debt and a healthy cash balance, optimally positioning it as a stable, long-term partner for its employees, customers and vendors.
About Centerbridge Partners, L.P.
Centerbridge Partners, L.P. is a private investment management firm employing a flexible approach across investment disciplines—from private equity to credit and related strategies, and real estate—in an effort to find the most attractive opportunities for our investors and business partners. The Firm was founded in 2005 and as of January 31, 2021 has approximately $28 billion in capital under management with offices in New York and London. Centerbridge is dedicated to partnering with world-class management teams across targeted industry sectors and geographies to help companies achieve their operating and financial objectives. For more information, please visit www.centerbridge.com.
Working at Speedcast:
At Speedcast, we want people that like adventure. Who are motivated by work that takes uncommon ingenuity and thinking outside the box. Who relish the idea of working in an industry undergoing massive transformation. If you want to be part of a global team responsible for connecting the world, then you’re in the right place.
We're always pushing forward, never standing still. When people rely on you and your team to stay connected, it brings everyone closer together. We’re united by the adrenaline of high-stakes projects and our love of getting the job done right. You will experiment, learn and grow here, right alongside us, every single day.
Find great opportunities to make an impact. We have a "one team, one dream" mentality. We work together to make great things happen. Working at Speedcast isn't just a job, it's a career that you can take to new levels.
Top reasons why people love working at Speedcast:
- Our global presence – you get to work with clients and colleagues all over the world, in every continent
- Talented teammates – your co-workers are the best and brightest in the industry
- Industry leadership – be part of the latest advancements shaping the future of communications
- Ability to develop skills – work across departments to gain new skills and valuable experience
- Choose your environment – we have an environment to fit your temperament. Choose between a traditional desk job or work in the field.
- Grow your career - Guide your career in the direction you want. Gain new titles and responsibilities through our internal promotion system.
- Work on diverse projects – every day is different with our customers from a range of industries around the world
Speedcast does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
About the Role: We take on the complex logistics of running every department in a hotel through a unified platform. Our mission is to improve the hospitality experience through technology built for t [...]
DescriptionAssociate Application Security Engineer Bogota, Colombia*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*The Opportunity: We’re looking for an Associate IT Security Engineer to help us [...]
SummaryWe are looking for someone who is experienced in Cloud Automation, metric monitoring, application tuning and fault finding for distributed applications. Were a team of Site Reliability Engineer [...]
SummaryWe are looking for someone who is experienced in Cloud Automation, metric monitoring, application tuning and fault finding for distributed applications. We're a team of Site Reliability Enginee [...]