Secure your tomorrow with Unisys: A great place to learn and grow your career! At Unisys, every associate makes a difference. Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, explore local and global challenges, and solve complex technology issues with creative solutions and diverse teams. You are part of a team that drives change and delivers results on a daily basis. Our success is a direct result of our people.
The Voice Systems Engineer position supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots hardware and software problems pertaining to Telecom.
Utilizes advance knowledge of cloud-based and on-premises VoIP systems and works directly with the end user and functional area support team to identify and remediate issues. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the VoIP and cloud-based telephony field. Supports Unisys’ telephony vendors in the test and implementation of new telephony technologies as they become available.
- Provides tier 2 support within the telecommunications environment.
- Collaborates with network engineers to produce detailed physical architectures that will lead to timely and successful deployment of management and automation systems.
- Provides guidance on the configuration and deployment of telecom infrastructure tools.
- Recommends process/procedure improvements as discovered.
- Support cloud-based and on-premises VoIP solution technologies of all voice communications systems so as to minimize downtime. Responsibilities include the proper maintenance and enforcement of the Business Recovery policies and procedures. Troubleshooting voice or data circuits, opening and tracking trouble tickets on down circuits is required.
- Maintain cloud-based and on-premises VoIP solutions in a turnkey environment while meeting Support Standards
- Responsible for Move, Adds and Changes of telephone equipment/ACD routing/toll free services and general programming, to include proper tracking of such equipment and system changes.
- Responsible for the management, ordering and tracking of new telephony orders, pre-existing telephony services and disconnections of any telephony services.
- Provide remote and onsite support to cloud-based and on-premises VoIP users the diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving system issues – includes efficiently analyzing system alarms to determine any system issues that are causing system service disruption
- Demonstrate proficiency in network fundamentals to support and address network issues that may impact the customer’s cloud-based and on-premises VoIP product solution
- Track telecommunications equipment and peripherals.
- Answers all user requests for support within recognized Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Focus on rapid identification and resolution of customer issues
- Provide first level support to client network partners and customers
- Answer questions and perform initial triage on problem reports
- Document each customer interaction using Remedy ticket management system
- Provide timely and effective resolution to support requests based on internal and external service level agreements (SLA)
- Provide ongoing, regular updates to customers to keep them apprised of progress toward problem resolution
- Create and update technical documentation, as requested
- Participate in off-hours support or projects.
- Provide pre-sale assistance to sales team to ensure design is accurate
- Document and maintain activity in company database systems
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Industry certifications:
- Avaya: ACIS, ASPS or ACSS (preferred).
- SIP: SSCA SVVP (preferred).
- Cisco: CCNP, CCNE (preferred).
- 3 or more years of relevant cloud-based and on-premises VoIP support experience
- Strong understanding of Cloud-Based Telecommunications Solutions (Cloud)
- Strong understanding of telephony infrastructure and design, including PBX, VoIP and SIP trunking.
- Strong vendor management and negotiating skills
- Excellent analytical ability and communications skills
- Customer service skills and experience
- Self-starter, willing to take ownership and work with minimal supervision
- Strong organization abilities and a passion for excellence
- Expert knowledge using Microsoft office professional and Visio tools.
- TCP/IP technical knowledge experience is necessary
- Computer skills and proficiency required
- HS Diploma or GED required, BS in related field preferred
Position based in Bogotá
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Medellín, Antioquia Secure your tomorrow with Unisys: A great place to learn and grow your career! At Unisys, every associate makes a difference. Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, [...]
Ríonegro, Antioquia Secure your tomorrow with Unisys: A great place to learn and grow your career! At Unisys, every associate makes a difference. Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, [...]
Bogotá, Cundinamarca Secure your tomorrow with Unisys: A great place to learn and grow your career! At Unisys, every associate makes a difference. Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, [...]
Bogotá, CundinamarcaSecure your tomorrow with Unisys: A great place to learn and grow your career! At Unisys, every associate makes a difference. Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, a [...]