Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
USAID/Colombia's Venezuela Response and Integration (VRI) IDIQ will help Colombia respond to the social, political,
and economic disruption caused by sustained mass migration from Venezuela. VRI will increase socio-economic integration by strengthening public systems and economic opportunities in migrant receptor communities. VRI IDIQ Task Orders (TOs) will assist the Colombian Government—at the national and local levels— develop and implement a sustainable, comprehensive approach to respond effectively to the mass migration from Venezuela, as well as help the Colombian Government utilize their resources more effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of migrants and their host communities.
The initial VRI IDIQ Task Order, Migration Management, will support the national-level policy framework needed to formalize migrants, build local government capacity to meet receptor community needs, and counter xenophobia. Migration Management will help create the legislative and administrative framework and eliminate barriers to carry out subsequent VRI IDIQ TOs that strengthen economic opportunities and health and education services.
The initial Task Order will build the Colombian Government's migration management capacity to document and track migrants and refer them to municipal level services, and to promote social integration and acceptance of migrants. This Activity requires developing plans, policies, and processes related to border management by the national government - particularly Migración Colombia, Cancillería de la República de Colombia, and Gerencia de Fronteras and related to service delivery by subnational governments – particularly municipal governments. This Activity will help create the legislative and administrative framework to carry out subsequent VRI IDIQ TOs that strengthen economic opportunities and health and education services, but will focus primarily on the governance side of improved service delivery. In order to ensure a holistic and comprehensive response to the migration crisis, this Activity will not only address enhanced documentation and service provision, but also focus on
Creative Associates seeks a Sub-National Governments Advisor for an upcoming USAID-funded project in Colombia. The Sub-National Government Advisor provides technical and strategic leadership and expertise to Objective 2 under Task Order 1 Migration Management. The Local Governance Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of activities related to enhancing local governments capacity to provide migrants access to quality services.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Local Governance Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
- Sub-national governments in the region more effectively provide migrants access to quality services;
- Sub-national governments in the region work with private sector, central government and other local actors to ensure greater inclusion of Venezuelan migrants;
- Sub-national governments are more actively engaged in making decisions towards improving services for Venezuelan migrants.
- Support municipal governments' public administration develop and implement policies and processes to enable municipalities to effectively deliver, track, and manage responsive and inclusive services.
- Improve municipal governments staff awareness of service delivery roles and authority.
- Develop municipal development plans and budgets to cover migration-related costs and services delivery expenses.
- Help municipal governments mobilize resources for service delivery and infrastructure, including taxation policies.
- Provide technical assistance on security, urban planning, and urban development programs.
- Develop spaces for migrants, the private sector, and other community actors to better inform service planning and promote accountability.
- Facilitate and support partnerships, collaboration, and collective action between a diverse group of local stakeholders;
- Lead strategic engagement with sub-national government actors;
- Support the Chief of Party in the development of the project strategic framework and work plans for program implementation to ensure the achievement of program goals;
- Provide training, capacity building, and guidance to grantees, local partners, and beneficiaries;
- Document implementation successes, challenges, and lessons learned, and share them through regular program reports;
- Deliver technical presentations on program achievements to implementing partners, government officials, donor, and other organizations;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, business administration, public policy or a relevant field;
- Minimum of five (5) years of local governance development initiatives with international development programs, preferably with USAID;
- Strong experience strengthening local governments;
- Demonstrated leadership, management, strategic thinking, and training;
- Able to work effectively and professionally with high-level government officials, civil society organizations (CSOs), donor, project staff, and other beneficiaries;
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated track record of working effectively in a teamwork environment;
- Experience with providing technical assistance, including organizing and conducting workshop and trainings; and
- Fluency in English preferred.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Sub-National Governments Advisor - Venezuela Response And In Regional Recreation Corporation Of Wood Buffalo Sub-National Governments Advisor - Venezuela Response And In Creative Associates Intern [...]
Creative Associates International 5301 Wisconsin Avenue - Suite 700 Washington, DC 20015 202.966.5804 Sub-National Governments Advisor - Venezuela Response and Integration, Colombia in Bogota [...]
Sub-National Governments Advisor - Venezuela Response and Integration, Colombia - Senior-level , Full-time staff position - Posted on 18 December 2020 - Bogota, Colombia - Bogota, Colombia [...]
Sub-National Governments Advisor - Venezuela Response And Integration, Colombia Sub-National Governments Advisor - Venezuela Response And Integration, Colombia Background: Creative Associates In [...]