Performs and coordinates different aspects of the clinical monitoring and site management process. Conducts remote or on-site visits to assess protocol and regulatory compliance and manages required documentation. Manages procedures and guidelines from different sponsors and/or monitoring environments (i.e. FSO, FSP, Government, etc.). Acts as a site processes specialist, ensuring that the trial is conducted in accordance with the approved protocol, ICH-GCP guidelines, applicable regulations and SOPs to guarantee subjects rights, well-being and data reliability. Ensures audit readiness. Develops collaborative relationships with investigational sites.
Detailed tasks and responsibilities assigned to role are outlined in the task matrix.
- Monitors investigator sites with a risk-based monitoring approach: applies root cause analysis (RCA), critical thinking and problem-solving skills to identify site processes failure and corrective/preventive actions to bring the site into compliance and decrease risks. Ensures data accuracy through SDR, SDV and CRF review as applicable through on-site and remote monitoring activities. Assess investigational product through physical inventory and records review. Documents observations in reports and letters in a timely manner using approved business writing standards. Escalates observed deficiencies and issues to clinical management expeditiously and follow all issues through to resolution. May need to maintain regular contact between monitoring visits with investigative sites to confirm that the protocol is being followed, that previously identified issues are being resolved and that the data is being recorded in a timely manner. Conducts monitoring tasks in accordance with the approved monitoring plan. Participates in the investigator payment process. Ensures a shared responsibility with other project team members on issues/findings resolution. Investigates and follow-up on findings as applicable.
- Participates in investigator meetings as necessary. May help to identify potential investigators in collaboration with the client company to ensure the acceptability of qualified investigative sites. Initiates clinical trial sites according to the relevant procedures to ensure compliance with the protocol and regulatory and ICH GCP obligations, making recommendations where warranted. Performs trial close out and retrieval of trial materials.
- Ensures that required essential documents are complete and in place, according to ICH-GCP and applicable regulations. Conducts on-site file reviews as per project specifications.
- Provides trial status tracking and progress update reports to the team as required. Ensures study systems are complete, accurate and updated per agreed study conventions (e.g. Clinical Trial Management System).
- Facilitates effective communication between investigative sites, the client company and internal project teams through written, oral and/or electronic contacts. Responds to company, client and applicable regulatory requirements/audits/inspections.
- Maintains and completes administrative tasks such as expense reports and timesheets in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the project team by assisting in preparation of project publications/tools and sharing ideas/suggestions with team members.
- Contributes to other project work and initiatives for process improvement, as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in a life sciences related field or a Registered Nursing certification or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification.
Minimal clinical monitoring experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years) in a clinical environment where experience is gained in clinical trials, medical terminology, medical research, clinical research or health care or experience in a health sciences field with formal training in medical terminology and anatomy may be considered.
Valid driver's license where applicable.
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic medical/therapeutic area knowledge and understanding of medical terminology
- Ability to attain and maintain a working knowledge of ICH GCPs and applicable regulations and
- procedural documents
- Good oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with medical personnel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain customer focus through the utilization of good listening skills, attention to detail and the ability to perceive customers’ underlying issues
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable in a wide range of scenarios
- Well-developed critical thinking skills, including but not limited to: critical mindset, in-depth investigation for appropriate root cause analysis and problem solving
- Ability to manage Risk Based Monitoring concepts and processes
- Ability to work in a team or independently as required
- Good computer skills: solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn appropriate software
- Good English language and grammar skills
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
This role requires independent travel up to 80%, inclusive of traveling in automobiles, airplanes, and trains.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
En INTER RAPIDISIMO buscamos el mejor talento, para ser parte de nuestra red logística. Cargo: INSPECTOR DE SEGURIDAD Requisitos: Técnico o Técnologo en carreras administrativas con mi [...]
La pinta no se improvisa, pero el verbo tiene el poder de vender lo que sea. Si lo tuyo es insistir, persistir y nunca desistir, estás en el lugar correcto para hacer tu carrera en el área comerci [...]
Conductor De Reoarto, Responsable Y Comprometido Encargado De Entregar Mercancia A Nuestros Clientes A Nivel Bogota. Debe Tener Pase C2 Y No Mayor De 40 Años. [...]
Funciones o actividades del contrato Analizar estados financieros, rendimientos, obligaciones financieras, inversiones e informar a la empresa y a los clientes sobre el estado financiero y hacer reco [...]