The World Bank
IFC - a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group - is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2020, we delivered more than US$ 22 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new growth strategy (IFC 3.0) to stimulate more investment activity.
This strategy calls for generating our own opportunities by proactively working “Upstream” to create, deepen, and expand markets and to imagine, design and implement investment projects. It requires taking a systematic approach to understanding the regulatory and sector bottlenecks that prevent the flow of private capital into productive investment in our member countries and addressing these bottlenecks through World Bank Group engagement on policy reforms and programmatic interventions at the country and sector level. This strategy also calls for working with Governments and World Bank colleagues to first seek private sector solutions to address development challenges - where such solutions are advisable and can be effective - and reserve public financing for projects only when other options are suboptimal. This approach is called the “Cascade”.
Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (MAS) is one of IFC key strategic priorities and the department engages in a wide range of sectors including agribusiness & forestry, chemicals & fertilizers, construction materials, health & education, machinery, manufacturing, tourism, retail, and property. The Department also seeks to maintain IFC, as part of the World Bank Group, at the cutting-edge of helping clients find solutions to new and emerging MAS issues.
IFC is seeking a Portfolio Manager for its Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services operations in the Latin America and Caribbean. The position location is to be determined (Bogota, Sao Paulo or Buenos Aires preferred, Washington DC maybe considered).
The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for overseeing the portfolio for MAS in the region. She/he will work closely with the management and colleagues from MAS. She/he will also coordinate on a continuous basis with the Country Managers, the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) MAS Leadership team, as well as other relevant Departments/Divisions within IFC, such as Special Operations (CSO), Legal, the Equity Desk, etc. She/he will have direct supervisory responsibility over the investment staff and analysts, and other staff as determined. The Portfolio Manager will report to the Senior Manager, Regional Industry, MAS LAC.
Duties and Accountabilities
• Ensure the timeliness and quality of complex portfolio actions (such as restructuring, equity sale, loan conversion) as well as regular waivers and amendments;
• In coordination with the MAS Global Equity Head and equity investment leads, contribute to the active management of the MAS equity portfolio focused on value add as well as equity sales that ensure successful exits;
• Perform regular asset valuations and make recommendations on loan loss reserves and write-downs;
• Coordinate as relevant with CSO on rescheduling and restructuring situations;
• Ensure timely, accurate and “value added” regular monitoring and reporting on the portfolio; provide early warning for assets at risk;
• Organize and lead regular loan and equity asset review meetings in coordination with the Senior Manager, Regional Industry MAS LAC;
• Supervise compliance with IFC financial, environmental, legal and other requirements;
• Provide quality control to compliance reporting and to portfolio transactions like rights issues, term modifications and directorship nominations;
• Provide portfolio management leadership for the LAC MAS team, in close coordination with the regional and global MAS teams;
• Provide leadership in the introduction and development of profitability management for the LAC MAS portfolio;
• Contribute the portfolio perspective to strategy development for IFC’s MAS business in the LAC region, in partnership with the regional and industry management and with relevant World Bank Group colleagues;
• Contribute to Knowledge Management through relevant Lessons Learned from the portfolio and maintain feedback loops from portfolio to New Business;
• Work closely with the MAS new business teams to create value for IFC’s MAS clients in the LAC region;
• Manage selected MAS client relationships and ensure a high level of client satisfaction;
• Staff portfolio projects with the appropriate teams from the regional and global MAS resources with the view to deploy best technical expertise and provide best possible client service, while keeping in mind career and training development needs of IFC staff;
• Be part of and actively contribute to the LAC Leadership Team as well as the Global MAS Management Team.
•MBA or equivalent professional qualification and a minimum of 12 to 15 years relevant work experience (at least 2 of which must have been in a managerial or leading capacity);
•Familiarity with several sectors related to agribusiness & forestry, chemicals & fertilizers, construction materials, health & education, machinery, manufacturing, tourism, retail, and property;
•Experience sourcing and structuring complex investment transactions in the MAS sector with a proven track record and proven success in developing client relationships and processing quality investments;
•Awareness of environmental and social sustainability issues usually associated with projects in MAS;
•Strong sense of service to clients and demonstrated business development and portfolio aptitude. Proven success in developing client relationships and monitoring quality investments;
•Ability to deliver high quality work within deadlines to meet team objectives;
•Good “deal sense” based on demonstrated strong analytical skills and sound business judgment;
•Ability to develop innovative solutions and challenges the status quo in order to build the business;
•Excellent people management skills and openness to feedback; new ideas and ability to guide staff to solutions to problems;
•Strong written and verbal communications skills;
•Ability to work in the matrix as an integral part of the Regional Industry Department;
•Ability to collaborate closely with other parts of the World Bank Group and other MFIs and financing institutions and banks;
•Demonstrated leadership skills and strong team work and communications in a highly diverse, virtual environment;
•Ability to plan and manage staff to achieve high quality results and encourage innovation in an open team-based environment, inspiring trust and influencing and resolving differences across organizational boundaries;
•Meet Bank Group-wide managerial selection criteria including courage of your convictions, leading the team for impact, influencing across boundaries, fostering openness to new ideas, building talent for the future.
Povertyhas no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differencesand we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgroundsfrom around the globe.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Importante empresa del sector salud, te está buscando! Si estás domiciliado en Bogotá, tienes entre 20 y 29 años y cuentas con conocimiento en manejo de redes sociales, principalmente Facebook, In [...]
Brindar asesoría personalizada a los clientes en los diferentes puntos de venta garantizando la satisfacción con la adquisición del producto y la fidelización de la marca. - Reconocer las neces [...]
Importante empresa de ingeniería y representaciones requiere para su departamento comercial, un asesor comercial, técnico, tecnólogo o profesional, con experiencia en ventas técnicas a empresas in [...]
Empresa de Telecomunicaciones, solicita Empalmador liniero de fibra óptica para trabajar en redes de operacion a nivel nacional, con alta disponibilidad y compromiso para las actividades a realizar ( [...]