We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We’ve set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process. And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
With our SPAC completed last October, Shift is entering a period of rapid growth. Our VP Finance & Business Analytics is looking for a collaborative and motivated individual to join our finance team. The Director of Corp FP&A; will be responsible for planning,
reporting, and strategic decision support across the business, in addition to playing a critical hands-on role in developing the infrastructure and systems necessary for Shift to scale quickly. With a small but capable finance team, our future Director of Corporate FP&A; will have a tremendous opportunity to impact the future direction of Shift!
What you'll do
- Lead the Corporate FP&A; team. Own all aspects of the forecasting and budgeting process
- Partner with executive leadership and IR to prepare board materials, presentations and quarterly guidance.
- Drive sound decision making - identify key drivers for business generation and profitability to develop investment strategies and support capital planning and resource allocation
- Own and build financial and operational forecasting models - quantify opportunities and risks associated with profitable growth
- Lead financial and operational reporting - digest financial results on a monthly and quarterly basis and communicate trends, risks, opportunities to the leadership team
- Drive monthly business targets - partner with key stakeholders across the organization to support monthly goal attainment.
- Business partnering and project management - work with market and functional leaders to develop forecasts and KPIs, and operationalize data-driven insights for cross-functional teams
- Special projects - advise on and support new product, market launches, and capital markets initiatives
What we ask for
- 6-10 years of work experience, with a demonstrated track record of relevant experience in an industry FP&A; role.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets, SQL (preferred) and ERP systems.
- Action-oriented: you drive to action, remove blockers and excel in getting things done
- Must be team oriented; enjoys working with colleagues in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Finance degree and/or MBA preferred, but not required
Who we are
At Shift, we’re all about growth - which means people who are eager to grow, who are ready to roll up their sleeves and learn new things. We were founded by a scrappy group of visionaries who were by no means “car experts” - so we don’t expect you to be one, either! We’ll take the open-minded go-getter over the pure subject matter expert any day. In that spirit, we also care about building a diverse and inclusive workplace and company. To put it simply, cars are meant for everyone, so we believe our company should be, too. We never discriminate against any candidate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds and walks of life to apply, even if you’re unsure if you meet all the requirements. (Even if this particular role isn’t the right fit, chances are we will have the right one soon!)
Why Join Now?
Having gone public in October 2020, we are at the beginning of our journey and hope you join us for the ride! Shift is a leading end-to-end auto e-commerce platform transforming the used car industry with a technology-driven, hassle-free customer experience. Shift’s mission is to make buying or selling a used car fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We provide comprehensive, digital solutions throughout the car ownership lifecycle: finding the right car, having a test drive brought to you before buying the car, a seamless digitally-driven purchase transaction including financing and vehicle protection products, an efficient, digital trade-in/sale transaction, and a vision to provide high-value support services during car ownership.
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn | About Shift (Team)
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Funciones o actividades del contrato Operar equipo manual o semiautomático de llama de gas o arco eléctrico para cortar y/o soldar. Realizar soldadura con proceso FCAW a tuberías y estructuras m [...]
Funciones o actividades del contrato Registrar información de acuerdo con normativa y procedimientos técnicos. Atender clientes de acuerdo con procedimiento de servicios y normativa. Aplicar lo [...]
Acerca de la vacante Funciones del Puesto - Recepción y afines - Facturación electrónica - Archivo - Apoyo áreas administrativas - Tareas afines al cargo Requisitos del Puesto [...]
Funciones o actividades del contrato Medir y reconocer los recursos financieros de acuerdo con la normativa vigente. - registrar las transacciones contables - elaborar nómina y liquidación d [...]