Central Business Solutions, Inc
Position Role/Tile: QA Engineer
Location:San Jose, Costa Rica.
The primary role of the Quality Engineer is to provide expertise and validate the code and
functionalities for the Personalization platform systems and components to make sure that it
adheres to the highest standards of quality.
The relevance of the clients or integrations are quite
critical in terms of impact, so any code that introduced that are faulty will create a lot of business
impact in terms of customer experience and brand.
This person is highly technical, who
understands the e-commerce and fin tech domains very well, and is well versed in the software
The technology stack for the platform include components in java like micro services, message
daemons, batches, NoSQL, Document Based and Relational Databases, Apache Hadoop,
Spark, Big Data systems, Docker etc. to work, the candidate should be able to work on these
stacks with relative ease.
An engineer working on this platform will be exposed to some of the most complicated problem
to deal with, in terms of technology and business.
Personalizing marketing and product use
cases is a challenge, and having the ability to do it for the same user in the most efficient way
will push the engineer to the limit.
Beyond this, the successful candidate is expected to be multi-disciplinary, and is a multi-
talented member of the technical team. The individual is expected to be a self-starter and a
team player, with a strong drive for results and continuous innovations. The individual should be
able to deliver work with minimal supervision.
1. Work as full time Software Engineer in Quality, for the team.
2. Handle the quality controls and constantly move the needles up for more than 15
3. Quality of the deliverables is the prime KPI/OKR of measurement for the engineer.
4. Be the first line of defense for the platform. Work with Site Reliability, Frontline, Capacity
teams etc. to perform estimation, analysis, and provide guidance on keeping the
platform up and running all the time.
5. Create automated scripts to monitor application health and provide key guidance.
6. Profile applications in terms of memory, CPU in peak traffic and proactively identify
choke points, and suggest fault tolerance mechanisms.
7. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision in a team to understand
the business, test in various phases, provide automated functional tests, perform the
release rollout and support software applications for the client.
8. Work with business units to crystallize business needs into product features.
9. Work with engineering managers, engineers to develop innovative solutions in efficient
testing methodologies, that meet market needs w.r.t functionality, performance,
reliability, realistic implementations schedules and adherence to development goals and
10. Develop new team capabilities to ensure continued competence and relevance in
supporting software development needs of the client's business.
11. Define and devise processes, tools and methodologies to achieve excellence in software
development, testing and deployment.
12. Follow the team processes like Agile etc.
1. BE in Computer Science or Engineering and 6+ years related industry experience
2. Highly competent hands-on coding/testing experience in the following:
• Enterprise architecture/software design/implementation, particularly large-scale web-
based systems. (J2EE)
• Java programming in Linux/Unix environment
• OO-based analysis and design
• SOA / Web Services
• MVC frameworks such as Spring along with Sprint boot
• Software design and development methodologies, including Agile methods
• Source Control (GIT experience is an advantage)
• Unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, Google Test
• Database design and optimization. (Oracle/MySQL)
• Scripting Languages (Shell, Python, Perl) would be a plus
• Jenkins/Hudson, Maven/Ant, RESTs experiences would be a plus
3. Highly analytical, innovative, and able to think strategically and to develop comprehensive
4. Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise communications and
5. Highly effective at working in cross-functional groups and getting results in matrix
6.Excellent time management skills and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different
7. Working knowledge of finance industry standards and practices preferred.
Central Business Solutions, Inc,
37600 Central Ct.
Newark, CA 94560.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Tener nociones de cálculo básico y facilidad para las matemáticas. Tener conocimientos de las principales herramientas ofimáticas (procesador de texto, hoja de cálculo, bases de datos, etc.) [...]
Purpose: As a Technical Support Representative, you will work with customers and partners to ensure they are delighted with our products and services. In this role, you are a critical part of custome [...]
Purpose: In this entry-level role, you will work with customers and partners to ensure they are delighted with our products and services. As an Associate Technical Support Representative, you are a c [...]
San José, Caldas, Colombia Ingeniería de producción agroind... / Otras PricewaterhouseCoopers Costa Rica ofrece servicios de auditoría, impuestos y asesoría de negocios para clientes de se [...]