_CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II.
It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
Work Location : Colombia - Bogota* Type of Post : *Not Applicable
Other Possible Location : Ecuador - Quito* Funding : *APPROVED
Expected Travel : up to 40% Type of Contract : Local
Language Requirement : * Application Deadline : *
Employee Duration : Active Full-Time
The Regional Humanitarian Manager (RM-Humanitarian) leads and provides strategic guidance and technical support to CARE’s humanitarian work within the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region, with a special focus on South America. This includes emergency response strategy development, start-up and scale up of response actions, program quality and impact, human resources management, financial stewardship, resource acquisition and representation.
The RM-Humanitarian provides leadership and hands-on technical support to Country Offices in the LAC region. This leader also directly engages in the humanitarian responses in South America while guiding and leading the Sub-regional Humanitarian Manager for Central America and the Caribbean to support CARE’s humanitarian responses that are impactful, at scale, and that adhere to humanitarian principles and CARE’s approach (gender equality & women’s voice, resilience and governance). A key aspect of this role will be to have a solid understanding and high level of comfort working in complex and dynamic political and security environments (e.g. Haiti, Colombia, Honduras).
The RM-Humanitarian should be an exceptional individual, combining experience in international humanitarian strategy development and management; fundraising and donor relations; as well as program quality, accountability and impact, working in partnership, coordination and teamwork with a high level of diplomacy and influencing capability. The position requires excellent English and Spanish language communication skills, French will be an asset. The RM-Humanitarian reports to the LAC Regional Director and liaises with the Humanitarian teams in CARE USA and in CARE International. The position will be based in Colombia or Ecuador, with approximately 30-40% travel required.
- Provide leadership to strategy design and development at regional level
- Lead the development, review and implementation of emergency preparedness plans for South America and Region in close liaison with the Regional Director and Country Office leadership
- Directly responsible for the Emergency Preparedness activities in South America and to supervise the process for Central America and the Caribbean
- Lead resource mobilization efforts for sub-regional programming in South America and Region including proposal development and design and connecting with key donors (i.e. BPRM, OFDA, ECHO, etc.)
- Represent CARE in appropriate external forums, such as regional meetings, humanitarian summits, confrences, Humanitarian Working Group, etc.
- Work closely with counterparts in the wider LAC regional leadership team, Lead Members/Affiliate Members and the broader CARE organization including various parts of CARE International (CI)
- Participate as an active member of the LAC Regional Leadership Team and the LAC Senior Leadership Team
- Excellent English and Spanish language communication skills, French is a plus
- 7-10 years of progressive humanitarian experience in LAC
- Strong understanding of issues related to forced displacement, mixed migration and the causes of poverty and injustice
- An expert in gender and gender in emergencies
- Experience working in Latin America, specifically South America and the Venezula crisis, experience in Central America a plus
- Demonstrated strong commitment and experience in the areas of organizational development and learning, knowledge-sharing and people development
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at [email protected]
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Descripción del empleo: Se solicita Todero hombre de servicio generales proactivo con experiencia en arreglos básicos de construcción preferiblemente con curso de alturas certificable. Funciones [...]
Importante empresa de consultoría, auditoria e interventoría en el sector salud con más de 25 años de experiencia, requiere para su equipo de trabajo Técnico / o Tecnólogo con experiencia mínim [...]
Empresa especializada en el sector del aseguramiento en Colombia requiere Auxiliares Operativos o administrativos responsables de la recopilación de información a usuarios, manejo de aplicativos, ac [...]
Se requiere enfermero especialista en seguridad y salud en el trabajo con experiencia en las siguientes funciones en el sector de obras civil : Auditar actividades de calidad y salud ocupacional [...]