Location: Bogota, Americas, CO
Company: British Council
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English,
to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other's strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Pay Band and salary: G - $5,178,000 COP
Contract Type: Fixed term for 8 months approx.
Right to Work Requirements: Right to Work in Colombia. The British Council is not able to support or sponsor work visa applications from non-Colombians.
Closing Date: advert will close on Monday June 7, 2021 at 23:59 Col time.
To support the Head of Non-Formal Education in the implementation, monitoring and delivery of the project Conexion Futuro with ICBF, local governments and CSSF. The post holder is expected to oversight the delivery partner that will be delivering the activities of the project in three cities of Colombia and to be the main focal point with ICBF, local governments and CSSF. The post holder is also expected to align the planning, delivery, and implementation to the project’s strategic objectives and to the British Council internal policies.
Main opportunities and challenges for this role
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in the youth sector.
- Access to British Council global standards on project management.
- Access to professional development across all areas of the British Council.
- Equal opportunities policy applied to all our activity in Colombia and globally.
- Challenging project to be delivered in three different locations in a short time framework.
- Some weekend and evening work might be necessary depending on project’s deadlines.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following
- Creating an implementation plan that integrates the requirements, detailed schedule of activities and deliverables, financial resources, quality management, communications plan, risk assessment and mitigation, indicators, amongst others that might emerge during the implementation of the project.
- Working hand in hand with the Head of NFE to make strategic decisions thus mitigating possible risks during the implementation.
- Responsible of the technical, financial and administrative oversight of the delivery partner in charge of the implementation of activities in the three cities, following the corporate policies and stakeholder’s requirements.
- In charge of the reports (technical and financial) following the deadlines that have been established with the stakeholders (ICBF, local governments and CSSF).
- Responsible of the oversight of the evaluation of the project, following the stakeholders´ and requirements British Council’s.
- In charge of the Reference Evidence Framework (REF) reports.
- To lead procurement processes following the stakeholders´ and corporate policies.
- Monitoring budget and expenditure making sure of a strict alignment to the project and agreements signed with the different stakeholders.
- Liaising with the British Council comms teams to plan and deliver the most appropriate communications strategy for the project.
- Ensuring that brand guidelines of both the British Council and partners are followed.
Requirements of the role
- 3 years of relevant project management experience of medium scale projects.
- 2 years of experience working with vulnerable populations.
- 1 year of proven experience in stakeholder management.
- University degree in, Administration, Social Sciences, Industrial Engineering or related areas.
- Ability to operate in Spanish (both written and spoken) at a business level. Non-native speakers of Spanish should demonstrate a CEFR C1 level.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with. We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
Muestra tus habilidades a la empresa, rellenar el formulario y deja un toque personal en la carta, ayudará el reclutador en la elección del candidato.
Cellular Sales Cellular Sales is Growing! Average and High-End Sales Consultants earn $51000 – $76000 +/ year For seven of the last eight years, Cellular Sales has received the Inc. 5000 award fo [...]
Overview BUSY SHOPS * CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES * GREAT EARNINGS AND BENEFITS Avon, CO Gerber Collision & Glass is looking for an experienced Auto Body Estimator to join our winning team. Th [...]
Overview BUSY SHOPS * CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES * GREAT EARNINGS AND BENEFITS Avon, CO Questions? Want to apply? Text Lonnie at (772) 228-1725 Gerber Collision & Glass is looking for an exc [...]
¡Buscamos talento como tú! ¡Postula tu hoja de vida! Marca orgullosamente colombiana del sector de alimentos, ¡te ofrece un ambiente colaborativo y cercano! Nos encontramos en búsqueda de Coord [...]